Saturday, October 13, 2007

To all you cheaters:

You're BUSTED.
I've got a nice little program attached to my blog called SiteMeter. I'm a sucker for stats, so it helps me keep up with how many people are looking at my blog, where they're from, and how they got there. For example, if you were to Google anything on the blog, then click on the blog from the results page, I would know exactly what you searched for in order to get here.
So imagine my surprise yesterday when I checked out SiteMeter and found the number of visitors to this page had risen exponentially. Sorting by location, I found a number of odd places - I've had visitors from cities from where I know no one. So I'm thinking, how are people from Jackson, Mississippi; Winnipeg, Manitoba; Custer, Washington; Lexington, Kentucky; and Portland, Oregon finding this page? Clicking on the "details" section, I discovered that one of my first posts was coming up in the first page of a Google search, with everyone searching for the phrase "eponymous rink jump." My best guess is this clue had appeared in a nationally-syndicated crossword puzzle in the past few days.
You little cheaters!
By the way, the answer is "SALCHOW."

Note: This post isn't as vitriolic as it may seem - please, I Google answers to crosswords all the time. I got nothin' but love for y'all. Just thought it was funny.

Who can remember the last time I had a Saturday off? Me neither. And I've got NEXT Saturday off, too - I must've done something good. So, of course, I'm off to waste it in front of the baseball game and doing who knows what else.

Note, part 2: I just started my first cup of coffee, so please excuse the fact that this post might very well be the most disjointed thing I've ever written in my entire life.

No comments: