Friday, October 5, 2007

Friday night randomness

Let's get one thing out of the way - Yankees suck, Red Sox don't. Seriously, how can anyone not love baseball right now? We've got two teams in the playoffs that really shouldn't be (the Rockies and the Phillies), incredible parity in the league as a whole (no teams with 100 wins), and at the dawn of the playoffs, some great, great games. You've got to love October.

So where was I going? Oh yes. There's a reason you haven't heard from me for a week. See, we had a fuse blow, and then when we plugged everything back in, the computer monitor wasn't working. It took us until this afternoon to realize that the monitor wasn't broken, it just had an extra on/off switch, which, of course, was off. (We're not that dumb - you have to be Indiana Jones to find the stupid thing.) I blame my roommate - she's supposed to be good with technology (no, NOT because she's Asian, you stereotypers (is that a word?), because she says she's good with it). I also suck at technology. I'm about 20 years too young to be saying that, but alas, it's true.

I have a cat on my lap and Mozart playing in the background, so I feel a bit like a James Bond villain at the moment. The cats don't know they're leaving Saturday (they're just here while their real owner straightens out his living situation), but while I've grown a bit attached to them, they're getting too smart for their own good. I kid you not, they have figured out how to turn a doorknob and let themselves into a room. Insanity rules in this house.

Dinner's done so I'm out. Did you miss me?

No comments: