Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Insomnia.

I have to be up in three hours and thirty-four minutes, to be precise, and I'm wide, wide awake. There's nothing really in particular keeping me up, I've just got a lot on my mind right now, I guess, for no particular reason at all. It's too late to take a sleeping pill or drink some tea (or maybe some of that five month old Valium in my cabinet - is that still good, you think?), so I've gotta try it the natural way. Darn it all anyways.

See, what did I tell you about baseball? The Yankees suck and the Red Sox don't. In all seriousness, it fascinates me when an All-Star team like the Yankees starts the season 21-29, and from that point forward has the best record in baseball, only to blow it in the first round (which they've done for three consecutive years now, and haven't won a World Series since 2000). I don't get how so much money can be spent on a team that quite simply, doesn't get the job done. Anyways, the next round should be interesting. Four very good teams are left and there's some great baseball to be played yet. The Red Sox and Indians finished the 2007 campaign with identical records, while the Rockies and Diamondbacks played 19 times this season and virtually split them. So I doubt any one of the four is headed to the championship on the heels of a sweep.

Both of my tattoos are getting reworked in the next couple of weeks. Ideas are coming together. I'm not even going to ask for opinions since, well, a tattoo is such a personal thing, and it's me that's got to deal with it for the rest of my life. But I like what I'm thinking of so far. Sketches have been made and outlines have been drawn, from this point forward it's all about the artist doing his thing and reworking so it fits. If I were a bit more ambitious, I'd get something insane drawn across my back. The entire score of Beethoven's Fifth. The "George Washington Crossing the Delaware" painting by Emanuel Leutze. 40 different recipes containing foie gras. A detailed major-league baseball field as viewed from the batter's box. You get the idea - but you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men**...so I'm sticking small. So nothing more will be revealed at this point - the next you'll hear on this subject should be when they're done.

Three hours, twenty four minutes...let's try this "goodnight" thing again.


**(they often go astray).

No comments: