Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Is there anything Ty Pennington can't do?

Third post in two days, don't think this'll become a habit.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I want to join this live chat for the unintentional comedy GOLD that is sure to result.

"When my ADHD kicks in, I feel like....um...hey look, a squirrel!"

I had to look up Ty Pennington on Wikipedia. I guess I'd know who he was if I were a fan of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition." Oh, he's a carpenter - if I had a nickel for every time I'm sure he's gotten distracted and accidentally nailed his thumb to a wooden plank, I could pay every ADHD doctor in the country to market my new program called "SIT DOWN AND STUDY! SHUT UP AND PAY ATTENTION!"
Not that I'm insensitive. But I see ADHD as one of those diseases that pharmaceutical companies come up with to explain to annoyed parents why their kids act like...well...children. I'm sure some kids do have problems paying attention in school, but I'd bet hundred dollar bills to Jewel-Osco brand doughnuts that the number of kids prescribed with Ritalin and such is wayyyy above what's necessary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"If you would like more information on my bold new treatments, you can send away for my free brochure - 'You can either calm down, or I can pop you in the mouth again.'"