Tuesday, September 18, 2007

In the beginning...

So what exactly is the point of a blog? I'm not coming into this expecting a long and loyal readership - really, the story of my life isn't interesting enough to warrant a "fanbase" outside of the people who know me. But do the people who know me really care about the mundane details? Probably not. Regardless...
Blogging as a whole could be defined in a number of ways: 1: an outlet for the author to express a whole host of issues, problems, and aforementioned mundane details (see: "I went to Starbucks today," "my roommates are driving me up the wall," "work today sucked.") 2: a method of conveying information (see: Daily Kos, Delicious Days, et cetera), or 3: a way of keeping in touch with people who you're bad at keeping in touch with on a more "normal" level.
Right now, I'm planning on this blog being a combination of the three, but mostly the first, with no specific theme, mood, or instruction. Plan on a lot of run-on sentences, a lot of tangents, some links, pictures, or whatever strikes my fancy. It's going to be boring - don't say I didn't warn you - and but you will get a glimpse of what's going on with me - the second best thing to being my actual friend!

No comments: