Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I'm back - with a vengeance.

Just kidding about that last part. It's a beautiful day here in Madison, and I have to leave for work in two hours, but a couple of things have just come to my attention that I absolutely have to share with the world. (As with all of my posts, I'm still on the first cup of coffee, so give me some leeway, okay?)
Baseball season is here, and anyone with a casual eye to the game will know that this is the last year the Yankees will play in Yankee Stadium. It's a little sad (even though we all know the Yankees suck), simply because of the history there - Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, the last two games of the completely hilarious 2004 playoff collapse..
Lest I go on a tangent about how badly the Yankees suck, let's get right to the point. The new Yankee Stadium is being built, and one Red Sox fan working on the site thought it'd be absolutely hilarious to bury a David Ortiz jersey in the concrete of the new stadium. Unfortunately, the front office found about this in a hurry, and the Yankees spent five hours drilling the two-foot-thick concrete to get it out. Gossip on Sports says maybe they should have just left it in there.

Alright, enough screwing around. Here comes some news that's also funny, in a sick "wow we're screwed" sort of way.
As you've probably heard, the Pope made a visit to the White House this week. His speech focused on "the importance of democracy being informed by moral values" (from the Huffington Post). It concluded, and I kid you not, the president of the United States, the "leader of the free world" himself, said, "Thank you, Your Holiness. Awesome speech." This is not a joke - seriously, click on the link, there's a video and everything.

And, that's it from me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.